Hi ladies! I am new in here and I don't know if this is the right place to write. I have just went through an ectopic pregnancy 10 days ago and because of my HCG levels were too low they put me the shot of methotrexate and so far my hormones dropped so quick but still on the risk side. The thing is that I got a letter from the hospital for a follow up appointment in December but honestly I don't even know what is that for? I was reading that follow up is after surgery but I didn't have surgery so I am confused so I hope someone in here can tell me something about it. Thanks a million ladies 😊
Hi loesca, I am not sure why they gave you a follow up appointment, I don't remember having one after the MTX injection, it was mostly monitoring the HCG to make sure they went to zero, why don't you give them a call and check? They may have changed the protocol. Hugs!
Post by Lorena Espínola on Oct 31, 2016 23:14:28 GMT
Thanks for getting back to me!☺️ I have to go again to hospital for more blood test so I will find out! I just hope this will end soon and move on and hopefully to have in a few months a healthy pregnancy! I had two miscarriages and this ectopic. I had my son after the first miscarriage so hoping for another rainbow baby 👶
Post by Lorena Espínola on Nov 3, 2016 13:10:05 GMT
Well so my beta dropped a lot and I went today for another blood test and hoping it's the last one! But I am feeling a bit down today because the midwife said that after an ectopic your Fallopian tube is damaged and you have a high risk of having another ectopic pregnancy 😢 I am wondering if there is still hope for a healthy pregnancy?Anyone with a happy ending or should I give up and not to risk?Thanks a million for reading me 😊
it is true unfortunately, after one ectopic your have a higher chance of suffering a second one (about 10% chance) but your chance of a healthy pregnancy are MUCH MUCH higher!! (90%!) so I would try and stay positive, just be cautious when you get pregnant again, there is nothing you can do to prevent it, but it is very very important you get a very early scan (5-5.5 weeks) so that you can confirm all is well. Keep us posted!
Post by Lorena Espínola on Nov 4, 2016 16:42:09 GMT
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! Anyways I have to wait 3 months if we decide to try again because of the methotrexate but after my beta test is 0 I will start to take prenatal vitamins. I asked about taking extra or stronger folic acid and the midwife said to just take the normal one!Do you reckon I should take extra folic acid or not?
Lorena, hope you are doing ok. Yes, there is hope. I have two sons followed by a complicated ectopic and a third son who died shortly after birth. My rainbow baby, a little girl is now four months old! It's a tough time and can be frustrating and confusing but there is hope. Take care.
Hi ladies I had MTX shot on April 14th. I have not yet had a bleed. Hospital monitored HCG until May 10th where the levels were 13.5 and they discharged me. I have not yet had a bleed which is concerning me. I did a HPT on Sunday which was negative so I don't think tut is necessary to follow up with the hospital. Any idea when this bleed may happen? Anyone else experience this?
It is a bit unusual that you have not yet had a bleed, but I wonder if you were bleeding during the ectopic diagnosis. How high were your HCG at the time of the shot? It could be that your body needs a bit longer to reset, but I would give it two more weeks and if still no bleed I would definitely go to the GP and have it checked (some women need to have the cycle chemically "jump-start" so to speak).
Hi Mod1 this was the the outcome of a embryo transfer following ivf. My hcg was only 43 on test day 48 hours later it had dropped to 35 and was advised miscarriage was imminent. Started a very light bleed 4 days later which was a lot milder than a regular period lasted only a day and a half with no clotting. 3 days later call from clinic for check in and the had me do a hpt which was still reading positive so back in for another hcg and levels had gone up to 127. Another week of monitoring and rising hcg and PUL diagnosed following a number of scans ectopic diagnosed methotrexate was administered when levels were at 358. I was initially told I should expect a bleed 48 hours after but nothing and nothing since. I am now 3 weeks after negative hcg and still no bleed.! Very frustrating. I don't think this is normal.
oh i feel so much for you I had the same, both my ectopics followed IVF and it really feels we have been cheated twice over....was your lining thick before embryo transfer? I strongly suspect it's hormonal more than anything else more sinister, give the clinic a call, maybe they will give you a scan to check that your lining is thin. The might just give you a progesterone shot to induce your period. Keep me posted!
<b><a href=https://labedroom.com/>Bedroom sets</a></b> Think refresh your interior? Check out the news products home from new collection, in her are as goods with colorful floral patterns and flowers and products with graceful texture finish metallic. Armchair for the garden is obligatory attribute each modern premises. In the online store today you can buy reliable furniture for any house. We can deliver in WILSHIRE customer all furniture at desired time days.Price lists, which are now offers web shop office furniture WEST HOLLYWOOD (WEST HOLLYWOOD) delight all visitor.Again relatively low fee may cause many questions in a relationship good quality products. The catalog which is today filled numerous items pieces of furniture represents just first-class factory products.